Sunday, March 02, 2008

Guess what happened to me this morning!!!

Go ahead try to guess!!!!

Yesterday we visited my Grandmother, she is 95 1/2 years old. My parents moved her last summer to a different assisted living facility NO one would tell me where she was until this week when my daughter Jessica called to let me know where & that my Uncle & Aunt were moving her to UTAH.

We drove up to spend time with Grandma, she was doing well, amazingly alert but not completely coherent the entire time. She has trouble hearing & a cataract on one eye so that doesn't help much.

My Grandmother has never been on a plane and she will be taking her first ride on Tuesday. She wouldn't fly down when we moved here 10 yrs ago, we offered to fly up & get her and fly back with her, mind you this is when she felt well!!! NO WAY!!

Now she is in a wheel chair as her arthritis is completely throughout her body so this might be a difficult 5 hr flight. Please pray she is comfortable & the trip goes smoothly.

Bad part of this is that I now have the 'cold/bug' that the eldest & his fiancee have been so generous to share with my youngest son & I after 10 days. I wanted to go back to see Grandma today/tomorrow & Tuesday before she left at noon but I know it would not be good for her to get this either before or after she left. Yesterday I had a little scratchy throat after being in the air conditioning all afternoon & evening, started loosing my voice as we were saying good bye last night.
Today my shoulders/neck/head are achy, voice is still gone, throat is still just a little scratchy & a weird little cough.
So I might be flying out to Utah repeatedly this year since I won't be able to visit with her again, aside from a miracle healing.

So have you guessed what happened today? Other than missing Church with our NEW PASTOR YEAHHHHHHH!

Remember that tooth that had the root canal & broke, then had a temp crown put on and the crown wasn't in last Thursday?
Well this morning the crown broke!!! Can you believe it? The Temp Crown BROKE!! I was scheduled to have the permanent one put on Thursday, UGH! Of course there is no one at the office today so I called Dr. Chris' emergancy number & left a message.
It is only hurting a little, about a 2 on a scale of 10!

By the end of this ordeal I should have a mouth of diamonds!


Back to the Dye order & Sign order.....

Blessings 2 U Friend

No comments: