Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Divine Butter Cake

Since I am still battling this upper respiratory thing I thought I would just share a recipe with you and not all the joy that is this stupid virus!

When I was younger staying at Grandma's meant we would bake a bundt cake....they were ALL THE RAGE back then so I thought I would share this wonderful basic recipe
We would buy the bundt cake box that sometimes included the packets of fudge to marblize the cake and you can add cocoa or Hershey's Syrup or Hot Fudge topping in this recipe to 'fancy' it up.
Use a knife to drag the chocolate through the batter once it is in the pan.

You can also add lemon, orange, cinnamon, rum, berries, bananas, apples, pumpkin, lavender, nuts or your favorite flavor to this basic recipe the possibilities are endless!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3 Cups Flour
2 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 C Buttermilk (or 1 Tbsp Lemon juice and 1 Cup regular milk)
1 tsp Vanilla

1 C Butter (softened)
2 tsp Vanilla
4 Eggs
Combine flour, powder, soda and salt and set aside. Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs to creamed mixture, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine buttermilk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed mixture, alternately beginning and ending with dry ingredients pour into a bundt pan.

55-70 minutes a cake tester or bamboo skewer inserted will come out clean when done.


Glaze
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter
3 Tbsp Water
1Tbsp Vanilla


Melt in Sauce Pan.
Take off heat and add Vanilla

Leave Cake in Pan- poke holes with a skewer in bottom of cake. Pour 1/2 the glaze into holes. Leave in pan for 15 minutes and then turn it out onto plate & drizzle the rest of the glaze.

Invite a friend over for coffee or tea & share a piece of heaven.


Blessings 2 U Friends!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, Tammy, that cake looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe - I will just have to make one now!!! I usually always have a sweet tooth! LOL Have a great day, sweetie.

HarvestHomePrimitives

Libby's Library said...

I'll have to try this over the weekend. I'll let you know if it's better that my sour cream bundt cake;0