Friday, October 31, 2008

Scurrying around

We are scurrying around here this morning like little mice preparing for a cold winter....
Things are warming back up around here though :-( yes I am sad.

As a transplant from N.E. Illinois the thing I miss the most is Autumn...the cool crisp mornings when the sun seems to shine brighter than it has all year. When you can hear birds & small animals rustle through the leaves looking for those last few seeds & nuts to hide away for when the snow flies and food is scarce.
The quiet of sitting on the back porch bundled up with a hot cup of coffee just enjoying the peace and wondering what secrets my house could tell about the doctors that lived there for 140 years before me, about the children and their friends as they played under the 250 year old Silver Maple Tree.

Here you can wear an extra layer for an hour then the warm sun is heating things back up and those layers come right off.
While I hoped it would be cool for our camping trip this weekend and packed warm clothes it seems that I need to pack some shorts and typical Florida Fall attire too. Maybe Brooksville will hold true to her usual self and stay 5 degrees colder than any where else in Central Florida...at least for this weekend! Who knows maybe I will see the elusive Skunk Ape.

The morning started with our family tradition of Breakfast in Bed for the Birthday Boy, another card & a small gift for now. We are racing around to finish up before Larry arrives home, he had to work 1/2 a day and get tags for the vehicles....seems they expired the beginning of September, on his Birthday.

I am packing the laptop & camera as I hope to have wonderful photo's to share with you.


Blessings 2 U Friends

No comments: